The virtual home assessment is a convenient and efficient way to assess the condition of your home. As a homeowner, it’s important to prepare your home for the home inspection and take quality photos that accurately represent the condition of your property. In this blog, we’ll provide you with tips on how to take photos that meet the requirements of a virtual home assessment.
Top 8 Tips for Preparing for a Home Inspection
- Take the photos on premises at your home: When you’re taking photos for your virtual home assessment, make sure to complete the process on premises at your home. This ensures that the photos you take accurately represent the condition of your property.
- Use WiFi for interior photos: If possible, use WiFi for taking interior photos. This ensures that the photos are of high quality and will be uploaded quickly.
- Turn WiFi off if necessary: If the exterior photos are taking longer than normal to upload, turn WiFi off. This will allow the photos to upload more quickly.
- Remove obstacles: Before taking photos, make sure to remove any obstacles that could obstruct a clear view of the property. This includes moving furniture, boxes, and other items out of the way.
- Use a flash in low light conditions: If you’re taking photos in low light conditions, make sure to use a flash to ensure that the photos are well-lit and of high quality.
- Take exterior photos during daylight: When taking exterior photos, make sure to do so during daylight hours. This ensures that the photos are well-lit and provide a clear representation of the property’s exterior.
- Retake blurry photos: If any of the photos appear to be blurry, retake them to ensure that they accurately represent the condition of your property.
- Only use original photos: When submitting photos for a virtual home assessment, only use original photos that you have taken yourself. Photos taken from other sources, such as realtor listings, prior assessments, or screen displays, will not be accepted.
By following these tips, you can ensure that the photos you take for your virtual home assessment are of high quality and accurately represent the condition of your property. This is important because the photos will be used to assess the condition of your home and identify any potential issues.
Orion180 has partnered with Chrp Technologies to offer a virtual do-it-yourself inspection option that leverages AI to analyze everyday components for failure. The process of preparing for a virtual home assessment has never been easier and more effective. Simply follow the step-by-step instructions within the Orion180 App and complete the process in as little as 30 to 45 minutes. The Orion180 App is available on iPhone and Android.
In conclusion, preparing for a virtual home assessment is important for maintaining the safety and well-being of your home. By following these tips and preparing your home for the assessment, you can ensure that your property is accurately assessed and protected from unexpected out-of-pocket expenses.